Authors are requested to select a category under which they wish their abstract to be reviewed:
- Pre-clinical research
- Clinical research (surgical and/or prosthetic)
- Case report
Poster submission is closed
In order to standardize the abstract layout, we kindly ask you to read the guidelines carefully.
Guidelines for preparation of poster abstracts
- Abstracts may only be submitted online. Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English. Please use US English spelling.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register and attend the congress. Presenting author of accepted abstracts will receive free registration for the event.
- Abstracts should contain only original material not published or presented elsewhere prior to 26 April 2018.
- Poster presenters must be present and stand by their posters during congress breaks.
- Provide a short specific title indicating the nature of the investigation. The background and goals of the study should appear clearly to the reader.
- Please structure your abstract according to the provided online template.
- The title may not exceed 250 characters including spaces. The abstract text may not be longer than 2,500 characters (ca. 300 words) including spaces, excluding disclosures.
- All abbreviations must be defined the first time they appear in your text (but, do not define in the title).
- Maximum 1 table and 2 graphics may be included.
- Five abstracts will be accepted for oral presentation.
- Disclosure of potential conflict of interest (e.g. grant support, consultancy, membership on advisory councils, speaker’s bureau) by all authors and source of funding are mandatory. Each listed author should prepare a one-sentence statement to this effect. (All disclosures should be listed if relevant to the abstract content and all others within the last year.)
- Please make sure to state your correct e-mail address. After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail with the following information: abstract reference number, abstract title, authorship. If you do not receive a confirmation by e-mail please contact: abstracts[at]congrex.com.
- Should you wish to make corrections to a published abstract already submitted please contact: abstracts[at]congrex.com.
- The author is responsible to bring a printed version of the poster to the poster exhibition. The organization will not print any posters.
Corrections to abstracts can only be made up to the deadline of 19 February 2018, 23.59h CET (extended deadline).
Oral presentation during the symposium main session
Authors can also apply for oral presentation during sign-up of the abstract. Out of all applications five abstracts are accepted for oral presentation. The selection is made by the poster committee and not subject to discussion. The selected authors get 8 minute of speaking time each during the symposium main session. The presentation needs to be held in English (speech and slides). Selection for oral presentation will be made until the end of February 2018.
Each abstract will be reviewed by the poster committee. Notification of acceptance or rejection of submitted abstracts will be sent to the corresponding authors via e-mail in February 2018. Full instructions concerning poster requirements, preparation and presentation will be included.
Selected posters will be published in the International Poster Journal of Dentistry and Oral Medicine as well as on the event’s and the Oral Reconstruction Foundation’s website.
The full text of regular abstracts will be published 10 days prior to the symposium (16 April 2018) on the congress website and app.
Prizes will be awarded to the best poster of each category (€ 2,000 per prize). All accepted abstracts are listed for the prize, no additional application is needed. The poster prize competition is independent of the selection for oral presentation.
If you have questions regarding abstracts or need assistance, please contact the abstract team at email@example.com. Abstract hotline: +41 61 686 77 22 (Monday – Friday during CET business hours)
When contacting the abstract team please refer to the name of the congress.