Timing of implant placement
Implant placement and its relation to tooth extraction has been discussed for many years. Soft and hard tissue remodeling of the alveolar process have been studied extensively in the last years. Taking this knowledge into account, three main questions remain:
- What is happening to the hard and soft tissues, when an implant is inserted at a certain time point?
- What are important perioperative aspects (grafting, implant position)?
- What is the benefit for the patient?
- Understand the physiological reaction after tooth extraction
- Know the consequence of implant position and timing in the esthetic zone
- Know indications for early and immediate implantation in other indications